Thank you for your interest in local transportation! The City of Eugene is updating its 20-year Transportation System Plan (TSP) to improve the current transportation system over the next 20 years. The result of this project will be a plan that will include improvements to meet the long-term transportation needs of Eugene’s residents, businesses, and visitors.
If you are having trouble viewing this video, use this link.
The TSP will be completed in two phases: the first phase of the project is coming to an end, and Phase 2 will start shortly (anticipated in Spring 2013).
Phase 1 completed the following tasks:
- Identified transportation system needs and opportunities
- Identified future transportation system needs
- Prepared goals, objectives, and policies to guide the plan
- Created the "universe" of project ideas and potential solutions
- Screened the potential solutions to determine feasible ideas
Phase 2 will:
- Evaluate the feasible ideas
- Prepare and refine a set of recommendations to include in the TSP
- Create the TSP
Results of this Project
The result of this effort will be a Transportation System Plan that consists of bicycle, pedestrian, freight, road, rail, and air projects and programs that will help the City reach transportation goals to meet the long-term transportation needs of Eugene’s residents, businesses, and visitors. The Eugene Bike and Pedestrian Plan will be incorporated into the TSP. The TSP, partnered with the Envision Eugene process will comprise the City's Comprehensive Plan. The TSP will address Eugene's transportation needs, while Envision Eugene plans for the city's housing and employment needs over the next 20 years.
Your involvement in this project is very important! Your comments will help the TSP to succeed; to understand the community’s feelings about the improvements for the next 20 years.
- See the Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan, which will become the basis for the bicycle and pedestrian elements of the TSP.
- Read a report on "What We're Hearing" from you and your neighbors.
- Review currently funded transportation projects in the Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program for the Central Lane Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- You can follow the City of Eugene's Transportation Planning section on Facebook
- Looking for something in particular? You can find Public Meetings summaries, Conversations Blog with the TCRG, Background Materials and Resources, and Transportation Library (with videos and external research articles).